Garage Door Spring Repair
Garage Door Spring Repair
Garage door springs are a vital component of your garage door system, playing a pivotal role in its functionality. These springs operate within a counterbalance system, effectively distributing the substantial weight of the garage door. While the garage door opener manages the movement, it's the springs that enable this motion. There are two primary types of springs we install: torsion and extension. Torsion springs are the more prevalent choice due to their superior safety and durability. They are positioned within a metal shaft above the garage door, utilizing torque, or rotational force, to facilitate door operation. On the other hand, extension springs typically run along the sides of the garage door and elongate to support its movement.
Garage door springs typically have a lifespan of approximately 10-15,000 cycles, equivalent to roughly 7-14 years of use. If you discover damaged or broken garage door springs, it is imperative that you cease using your garage door immediately. Continuing to operate it places additional stress on the components and raises safety concerns. Given the immense tension held within the coils of these springs, handling them can be extremely hazardous. For reliable and safe garage door spring repair services, trust the expertise of Lynoka Garage door Services. We offer broken garage door spring repair in Stoughton Ma, and the surrounding areas.
Signs You Need Spring Repair
- Your Door Won’t Open
- Your Door only opens halfway
- Your garage door slams shut
- Your garage door is very heavy when you try to manually lift it
- There’s a gap in the Spring
5 Star Garage Door Spring Repair review
Why Do Garage Door Springs Break
- Wear and Tear: As garage door springs are in constant use, they begin to experience wear and tear. Over time, they reach the end of their lifespan, where they may snap. When a spring breaks, it’s time for garage door repair.
- Poor Maintenance: It’s important that garage door springs be cleaned and lubricated at least once a year. This greatly increases their lifespan and allows for better functionality. If you do not maintain your springs, they will have a shorter lifespan.
- Rust: Rust build-up causes friction to plague the springs, which increases wear and tear. Too much rust may cause springs to snap prematurely. Technicians will take care of rust during a routine maintenance call.
- Unbalanced parts: Garage door parts need to be properly balanced, but parts may shift through use. When there’s unbalance, it may cause unnecessary strain to plague the springs. During a garage door tune-up, your technician will perform a balance test and ensure everything is evenly distributed.
Why You Shouldn’t Delay Garage Door Spring Repair
Safety: It is crucial to understand the potential hazards associated with having a damaged or broken garage door spring. What many people may not realize is that even when these springs break, they still retain wound-up tension. When mishandled, they can suddenly snap or release, resulting in severe injuries. If you encounter any problems with your garage door springs, it is advisable to promptly contact the highly trained technicians at lynoka garage door services. Attempting to handle them yourself can be dangerous and is strongly discouraged.
Damage: Damaged garage door springs have the capacity to cause the door to slam shut, which in turn poses the risk of damaging your vehicle or other items stored in the garage. Continued use of these compromised springs can also lead to additional damage to other components of the garage door.
Cost: Delaying the scheduling of spring repair can have financial implications, as it is likely to trigger the emergence of other issues. Broken or damaged springs place extra stress on the opener, potentially necessitating garage door opener repair services. Addressing spring problems promptly can help prevent further costly complications.
Call For Garage Door Spring Replacement Near you
If your garage door springs experience issues, don’t hesitate to give us a call! We’re the best team in Massachusetts for garage door spring repair. Our thorough inspections give us a clear picture of the issue, which we’ll then work to resolve. Contact us today for a FREE quote! We look forward to serving you.